Monday 30 September 2013

TONKATSU PORK




I-PAD VERSION
400g of pork tenderloin – 1 large egg (beaten) – 100g of panko bread crumbs – 100g of flour – tonkatsu sauce (or any brown sauce) – little carrots and mangetout beans.

Boil water for the vegetables. Cook them for 5 minutes.
Slice the pork into 1cm-slices.
Heat oil for deep-frying in a wok.
Prepare 3 plates : 1 with the egg – 2 with the panko – 3 with the flour.
Dip each slice in egg. Then coat with flour and panko.
Deep-fry the pork for a few minutes each side.
Remove and drain on paper towels.
Pour some tonkatsu sauce over.
Serve with the vegetables.  Itadakimasu!

20 comments:

  1. A lovely Japanese dish. Thanks Sixte. Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sixte, I like the tonkatsu pork raider. Is he a polo player? Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could say that Helen, the trouble is, he missed is mallet (or we eat it maybe...). Best, Sixte

      Delete
    2. NOTA: you should read HIS mallet of course...;-0)

      Delete
  3. I recently started eating a lot of Japanese food. Your recipe is so timely. Cheers, Galina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Japanese recipe! I am quite keen to try it. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Felicity, you have to try it!! Best, Sixte

      Delete
  5. Another Japanese gem from Sixte. Thanks. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment Fiona. Best, Sixte

      Delete
  6. Tonkatsu pork is my dish of the week. I always liked the Japanese cuisine. You reminded me about it. Thank you. Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! Must be tried! Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this recipe! Dom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sixte, spot on! I am ready for the Japanese meal. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sixte, are you half French and half Japanese? Your Asian food is so good. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sarah. No, I am French since many centuries now... But I love Japanese food, I love Japan and one of my friend is Japanese (It is her recipe actually...). Best, Sixte

      Delete

BEING RED FOR 3 MINUTES...

I wish I could be RED sometimes... Enjoy this amazing back sitter. Aerobatic will have no mystery for you then...