Saturday 20 April 2013

KNOCK, KNOCK !, WHO'S THERE ?



This morning, IT gently stroked my cheek …
In my car driving to the polo club, the signs of ITS presence were still there.
35 minutes afterwards, in the beautiful English countryside I could see that IT was still following me…

It’s when I was galloping on my horse, feeling ITS warm breath in my hair that I was finally sure : IT is definitely here. SPRING is here !
It is warm, it is bright, it is sunny and we are all happy…

 “Spring Champagne Challenge” – Ascot Park Polo Club 



My polo club, Ascot Park has organised a wonderful polo match to welcome it with Tarquin Southwell (one of the best arena polo player in the world, if you please…) and some others really good polo players from the polo club. As usual, the match was a ballet of speed, beauty and precision where the horses were the star of the show ! What an amazing tribute to the Spring !

 “Spring Champagne Challenge” – Ascot Park Polo Club



Always playing for the good cause, Tarquin will be running the London Marathon for the children at Make-a-Wish Fondation tomorrow.  Good luck Tarquin !



8 comments:

  1. What is the polo club web address, please? Does it cater for beginners with no horse???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASCOT PARK POLO CLUB
      www.polo.co.uk
      Yes, they do cater for beginners with no horse and Tarquin Southwell is one of the polo-coach as well...
      Have a nice day and thank you for your visit.

      Delete
  2. Thanks. Does one have to book individual lesson or is there an introductory group session as well? My name is Andrew, btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best to do a "discovery lesson" in a group first then afterwards to take some lessons.
      Please call the manager Kathy Vivian on 01276 858545 to book a discovery.
      Thank you.
      Sixte

      Delete
  3. I will do. Thanks, Sixte. Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your are most welcome Andrew ! All the best for your first lesson, you will adore it ! Sixte.

      Delete
  4. I took a Discovery Lesson last year. It all happened in the ice rink like enclosure. It was fun, but I couldn't hit the ball. I am sure the horses were laughing loud seeing our lack of polo skills. I loved it anyway. You will have fun, Andrew. Charles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the discovery are always on the Arena (the ice rink like enclosure...). But after a few lessons, you are playing on the grass which is different again... Did you do your Discovery at Ascot Park ? Thank you for your visit Charles. Sixte

    ReplyDelete

BEING RED FOR 3 MINUTES...

I wish I could be RED sometimes... Enjoy this amazing back sitter. Aerobatic will have no mystery for you then...